A Case for the Cloud
A recent survey of over 2000 professionals polled by Intel Security Research for Cloud Adoption states that 73% of companies are planning to move to a fully software-defined cloud service within 2 years. But many small and medium business owners are hesitant to give up control and fear the cloud will expose them to greater security risks. A lot of businesses are still struggling to make sense of the cloud and how the cloud can benefit them. Moving to the cloud definitely requires a leap of faith. Still, cloud computing has leveled the playing field, allowing SMBs to finally compete with bigger companies despite their limited financial resources and staffing. If you are considering taking the leap; then here’s what’s in store for you when you migrate to the cloud:
1. Connectivity – Being on the cloud gives you unparalleled connectivity to your data—from anywhere and at any time. All you need is a device that can connect you to the web and you are set!
2. Save On Hardware Costs – Using the cloud for certain programs spares you the cost of investing in specific hardware. Even devices as simple as your smartphone or a tablet can help you access those applications so you don’t have to spend money on dedicated hardware. Studies have shown that cloud users end up enjoying as much as a 17% IT cost reduction compared to their non-cloud counterparts.
3. Cloud Enables SAAS – The cloud allows you to use software as a service. Microsoft 365 is one such example. When you use software as a service, you enjoy certain benefits such as more regular updates at a lower cost and the ability to have anyone work on the program for you by sharing the access credentials with them.
4. More Efficient Use of IT Staff – Moving to a cloud-based environment puts the burden of maintenance and downtime reduction on your service provider. That means you can use your limited IT staff more efficiently and also don’t have to worry about the costs associated with such maintenance or downtime.
5. Improved Productivity – Studies have shown that cloud users enjoy better productivity than their non-cloud counterparts. This could be because cloud service providers are better equipped to handle any IT eventualities than the average SMBs.
While there is a competitive advantage that can be realized by moving to the cloud, those who are still apprehensive should migrate to the cloud at a pace they’re comfortable with. Once they implement cloud monitoring, and understand it a bit more, most SMBs grow more comfortable with the cloud and expand their use of it.
HIPAA Compliance in the Cloud
If you have workloads, devices, servers, and databases that handle protected health information (PHI) then you need to be HIPAA compliant. EPIOZ offers the most secure and reliable cloud solutions for clients in the healthcare industry or covered entity who must comply with the HIPAA and HITECH Act security standards surrounding storage of protected health information (PHI). Our comprehensive HIPAA Compliant Solutions use industry trusted cloud-based file sharing and data storage such as Citrix and Azure technologies. With EPIOZ as your Business Associate (BA) your organization will receive HIPAA compliant managed services and support to satisfy your HIPAA/HITECH security obligations.